There’s a project happening now in North Carolina in which people from across the state who have very different political views are meeting on a regular basis. The idea is this: if we can build relationships between people with differing political views, can mutual understanding – or even solutions – be far behind?
John Hood and Leslie Winner are part of the core group of leaders for the endeavor. Hood is president of the John William Pope Foundation. Winner is an attorney and former executive director of the Z. Smith Reynolds Foundation.
- Read the transcript
- Find out more about the N.C. leadership Forum.
- Find out more about POLIS: Duke’s Center for Political Leadership, Innovation and Service.
- Find out more about Duke Policy Bridge.
- Photo by Flickr user Michael Adler-Ohnesorge. Used under a Creative Commons license.
- Music: “Impromptu in Blue” by Kevin MacLeod/Creative Commons
John Hood and Leslie Winner participated in Duke University’s Kenan Institute for Ethics Practitioners-in-Residence program in the spring of 2017.