What was accomplished in Paris? Sanford’s dean Kelly Brownell talks with faculty member Billy Pizer. Pizer is a faculty fellow with the Nicholas Institute for Environmental Policy Solutions, a nonpartisan institute at Duke that focuses on finding solutions to some of the nation’s most pressing environmental challenges. He also served a three-year stint as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Environment and Energy in the Treasury Department. Pizer says the structure of the agreement is one that he’s excited about, particularly because it considers how hard countries are trying to make change. “I’m optimistic that once we have the right incentives and the commitments in place, we’ll actually do a lot more things that people couldn’t even imagine,” Pizer says.
- Read the transcript
- Conversation highlights (text): sanford.duke.edu/articles/policy-…te-talks-podcast
- Duke Sanford School of Public Policy: sanford.duke.edu/
- Music: Impromptu in Blue by Kevin MacLeod is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license.
- Artist: www.incompetech.com/
- Image: Death to Stock deathtothestockphoto.com/